I remember when I figured this one out -
It was gold...
My own hibachi type rice at home...
From an egg with a rich, yellow yolk.....and flavor.....lots and lots of flavor!
Minute Rice for simplicity, a little butter or olive oil....and....whatever you have in the fridge!
That's what I love about this one. It can be vegetarian or you can add some bacon, beef, sausage or potatoes...there's tons of options!
Here's how I cook mine:
- Start the minute rice - 5 minutes in the microwave and let rest
- Cook on medium to medium high heat to give the rice a nice finish
- Chop my onion, veggies / prep my bacon, chicken, beef or pork
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onions, bacon and veggies for a few minutes until onions start to become clear.
- Then, add rice and continue to stir.
- Next, make a hole in the middle of the food, like a nest
- Drop your eggs in there and let cook, turning over only the eggs until they are about half cooked.
- Finally, stir it all together and serve!
Portion sizes vary for me on this one. It's so easy to make for 1 or 10. And, you're using up those veggies or left overs too!
Do you make something like this? I'd love to hear about it! ~laura