Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies Made with Lard
Do you love our Chocolate Chip Cookies and want to make them yourself? Here ya go! Now you can make these amazing bites at home too.
Jensen Reserve's Ooey- Gooey
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour (Organic preferred)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter (½ cup)
¼ cup lard
½ cup granulated Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
1-2 bags Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips........how chocolatey do you like?
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients, except sugars
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter, lard and sugars.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, 1 at a time.
- With your mixer on low speed, slowly add dry ingredients.
- Mix until ingredients blend together, careful not to overmix
- Mix in chocolate chips and refrigerate dough for at least 30 mins, can refrigerate up to 2 days in fridge.
- Preheat Oven to 375. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to scoop dough and drop 2” apart on cookie sheet
- Bake 9-13 minutes until edges are golden. Time varies by oven.
- After removing from oven, let rest on pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, remove with spatula onto cooling rack.