It's the hottest cut in the butcher shop right now...
What is it?
How do you cook it?
- Definitely use a meat thermometer! That's the difference in success!
- Sear or Brown the outside..... or not.....the hubs & I don't brown ours....
Otherwise, we cook ours at 375 degrees, until it's an internal temp we want and looks like something we'd devour.
I know that may sound weird, but it's how Bill & I roll. And, this cut can be that easy!
What Do You Cook It In?
- Lots of ways here...
- Cast Iron Skillet, Roasting Pan, Whatever works in your smoker or grill...I'd consider what the end look I want and pic my pan from there.
How do you know what internal temp you want?
Use this chart to help you decide:
Remember: it's important to let it rest for ~5 minutes when it comes out of the oven/ smoker/ grill.
What can you season it with?
- Our JR Signature Blend
- Salt & Pepper
- Anything you would like on you steak
What can you add to it?
- A red wine sauce
- Fingerling potatoes
- Anything you would like with your beef/ filet/ steak
This cut is really easy to prepare.
Ours are tied for a more consistent cook through.
How do I cut it once cooked?
Once it's cooked and rested, I love to slice mine really thin and enjoy.
How did you cook yours? Send me a pic of your creation! I'd love to see it!
Here's a pic of one I cut & tied in my butcher shop...ready for your spices & cook!